Monday, November 24, 2008

Lunch With A Pro

Had lunch on Friday with a fellow filmmaker who I met and actually worked with in Memphis, who is now living in NYC working in the industry, Lisa Kiesel. She's working on a documentary with some folks in the Virginia area and also doing some work for AFI. She stopped into town and we caught up on old times and talked... argued... well constructively discussed her project.

I won't go into it too much because they're still working on the doc and until they're ready to discuss it publicly I will always respect their wishes, but I will say it's an interesting subject.

It was good to talk film with Lisa and for some reason she gets a kick out of debating issues with me when it comes to film. I think she actually likes to call it more torture than anything, but it's still fun nonetheless.

Keep an eye out for her, she's got good ideas and if her and her partners pull this off, it could be a very interesting film! I'll pass along more info about it when I get it.

No comments: