Monday, November 23, 2009

On The Road

Do you recognize this place? It was the police headquarters for one of the greatest television shows of the 90s and maybe ever... "Homicide: Life of the Street"

Today I'm up in Fells Point doing a little writing before picking up my Mom at the airport for a Thanksgiving visit and I was looking for a place to grab a cup of coffee and write and found this funky, cool coffee shop just across the street from the station, so you know I had to go in and spend some time.

If you can't tell, I loved that show, especially the first couple of seasons. The writing was amazing... the performances outstanding and jut the overall vibe of the how was state of the art back then. No one did a show like that and while it struggled to find an audience for awhile, the critics loved it and those in the know did as well.

"Homicide: Life on the Street," is one of the reasons I love the city of Baltimore and I'm hoping some of that energy will rub off on me today as I sit down and hack away. You know at one point I even wrote an episode of the show, sent it in but it was at the end of the run so I never had a shot of it getting picked up. Somewhere I have a very nice letter from someone on the writing staff saying, "thanks."

One thing is for sure as I get ready to close this up and get to work... I love these kinds of funky little coffee houses. The people, the energy... I love being around it all... it definitely perks you up!

No comments: