Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Searching for a little inspiration...

Decided to come out to my courtyard in my apartment complex to shake things up and do a little writing outside. For the what... 10th of November it's pretty warm out. I just have on a sweatshirt and hat and that's it. I mean I do have on sweat pants, I'm not entirely crazy. lol

So just watched, "Down by Law" by Jim Jarmusch. Good film, I really like his work and from time to time like to pull it up and watch. It's funny I started to listen to some of the DVD commentary and on it he talks about the fact that most of his films... at least at that time, were really funded from foreign sources and that "Down by Law," was on of the first American funded film. Now what makes this all interesting is that for years I've said his films have a distinct foreign feel to them, especially the early ones. Really long shots... periods of time when nothing seems to happen on screen, but allows the film to breathe. It's interesting to know that maybe some of that overseas money and what he watched growing into a filmmaker translated into an American Indie style that is very much more international.

I have always wondered if I looked at all of my films, you know... back to back to back. Throw in a couple of the shorts as well and I wonder if there would be a true, "Style?" I don't know. I want some more films under my belt before I start figuring those things out.

Anyway, need to knock out some work on the "3 Days..." dvd right now. Things are coming along nicely, I hope we're able to complete it fairly soon. We're not going to make a Christmas release, but when it is ready... I know you'll like it!

No comments: