Thursday, February 25, 2010

September... Not a Bad Month at All!

OK, so I just saw, "The September Issue" the other day... the documentary film about Anna Wintour and the September edition of "Vogue" magazine their biggest every year and I loved it! I love most films about creative people and how they do what they do and this one is no exception.

Anna Wintour, who runs everything is a hoot and a half to watch. I love her attitude, work style and just overall driven ability to see and get her vision of fashion onto the pages of Vogue... she IS "Vogue." Some think she's a hard ass and yes she is, but there is something about that, that I just get off on.

Now she's not the only one putting things down and taking names... Grace Coddington is her right hand person and creative director at "Vogue" and together they're like "Batman and Robin," kicking butt and taking names.

You look for inspiration every where to keep you going in this business. I have about 4 or 5 films when I'm in that funk I just turn to and have to shut out the world, watch and get hyped and motivated again.

When I see films like this one, it gets my pumped! Sure it's not the same business... it's not the same level... but I think the core inside of a driven person is really the same no matter what the level is.

One day when I hit it big... someone will do a 60 Minutes story or film and they'll talk about what kept me going all of these years and the drive and passion it takes and I'll bet you'll be able to see a lot of Anna Wintour in me!

No comments: