Monday, August 4, 2008

Done... Let the Games Begin!


It's done... no more writing... no more tweaking... the script is ready. Ready to send out into the big, bad, Hollywood world and hopefully be bought!


Boston has the "Big Dig," today I completed, "The Big Read." I went through every line of my new screenplay, working it, making sure it fit standard format and double, triple checking everything. I've written, what maybe 10 to 20 screenplays in various forms over my life, but this one... this one is now the way the Industry wants it. Hopefully that will pay off.


In the writing process you get to the point where you can simply do no more. You've checked and double checked. You've read it aloud and read it quietly. You've looked at everything you can think of and then finally you just have to let it be and say, "This is the way my film is going to be." That's where I'm at. I think it's at a place where it's ready, so now we'll see what others think.


Ideally, I'd love to find that perfect agent and deal to not only sell the script, but also get to direct it. But if that doesn't happen, then I'm going to make the film anyway.


Keep your fingers crossed... hopefully in the next couple of months, we'll have some good news to talk about with this project. It's been a labor of love and I hope the seed to an amazing film.

1 comment:

Sujewa Ekanayake said...

Congrats on getting the script done David.

- Sujewa