Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not Great, But Not Bad... Still Love the Coen's

*** 03.31.09 - Burn After Reading... 2008... Directors Joel and Ethan Coen

I'm usually a big fan of the Coen brothers and loved this cast with Frances McDormand, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, John Malkovich. I had hoped this one would blow me away, it was good but it wasn't great. Perhaps I had heard too much about it prior to the seeing it, but it didn't hook me as much as some of their other films. I still think "Blood Simple" or "Fargo," are better Coen films.

The DVD was interesting, there are some extra features, but they are definitely more Hollywood Machine made and at points the Coen Brother's themselves even look a little bored doing the interviews.

Hey listen, this is a good film... I guess I've just been spoiled with their work and the casts work before that I was just left a little flat this time.

No comments: