Thursday, March 12, 2009

Out and About...

So my old computer some how went kaput on me and I had to get a new one a few days ago, so this is my first run with it out in the public. I love being able to take my laptop and write anywhere and everywhere, because there is a vibe of just being around people that I really get off on, even though I have my headphones on and I'm just plugging away, almost in my own world.

The new computer is a Toshiba and I love it. When I first got a laptop many, many years ago, it was my Dad who bought me a Toshiba, so in some ways I feel like I'm coming home again. The only problem with a new computer is that it takes a several days to get it up and truly running the way you like it and need it to. I've had to move folders and files all over the place and not all of them are where they are supposed to be... case in point, today I thought I would do some writing here at one of my many offices away from home aka "Starbucks," but the file that has all of my scripts wasn't transferred over, so I now have to go home download that file on a flash drive and move it over. It's a little thing, but it's what makes your computer more productive so it's going to take a little time.

My main goal is to get things back up and moving 100% so I can work on three things:

First... continue to pitch my new screenplay. I've got to try and get the "right" person to read it. I do believe it's a numbers game to a certain extent, but I don't need to send it to a million people if they're not going to read it. I need to get it to that one person who has vision, a little money and wants to take a chance on someone who has some pretty good ideas.

Second... I want to continue to look at what I've written in the past and trying to re-write, tighten and make those scripts even better. That way in addition to the one script I'm pitching, I can pitch a couple of more.

Third... I need use this bad boy to help get me to my ultimate goal of creating my own little slice of filmmaking heaven. I have a great vision of what I want my company to be and I have to work smartly about it. It's not just working for the sake of working but working with a sense of intelligence and purpose.

So that's where I am, just thought I'd drop some knowledge of what's going on. Something besides a review, which I hope by the way you all are enjoying the journey with me.

No comments: