Thursday, June 25, 2009

Motivation To Keep Writing

I stopped doing full blown reviews a little while ago, but I did promise that when I saw something worth talking about I would post something about it and the other day I did see something... something I think anyone who is making films and has any dreams of doing it professionally should see. It's a documentary called, "Dreams on Spec."

The film centers around a group of struggling screenwriters and their progress at becoming working writers in L.A. What Makes it such a compelling film is not only their stories, but the interviews from established writers peppered throughout the film. As someone who writes and makes films, I totally understood some of their feelings and emotions. It's tough, but in the end for those of us who truly breath it and need it like someone needs oxygen, making films is feeds your soul.

The DVD extras are pretty good especially the section with additional interview footage from the established writers. Even if you don't make films, but want to get an idea of what it takes to write in the big leagues, this is a film worth seeing.

Now with all of that... it's time for me to stop blogging and time to start doing some writing... wish me luck!

No comments: