Monday, July 27, 2009

Changing Things Up!

For those of you who follow this blog, which I think for the record is only one person officially, you know that when I work outside of my home, I like to hack away at any one of my favorite mobile offices aka Starbucks. But every now and then I like to think... pardon the overused expression, "Outside of the Box," and today that is the case. Today I'm working at Mayorga Coffee Factory in Silver Spring. It's a different vibe here and for the most part, I enjoy working here from time to time. The one issue I do have is that their server goes down from time to time and if I'm working on the web, I lose things. But for the most part it's a cool place to work.

Currently I'm working on an edit of my new screenplay. I like where it is right now, but am always working on getting it a little tighter and stronger. I just got done reworking a scene to have it flow better and I really love the new feel of it.

Now on this blog I list what films I'm watching and of course there is the big "Library Project," I have going right now. (Making it through all of the films in my library) Last night in addition to watching a great German film, "Run Lola Run," I started watching a DVD compilation I have called, "Cult Classics." It came with my subscription to MovieMaker Magazine when I signed up last time. It's a collection of 20 films from the 30s, 40s and 50s. Last night I watched the first film called, "Marijuana Menace" or it's original title, "Assassin of Youth." I figure the more film I can watch, from every source possible... all of it will help me be a better filmmaker. MM, wasn't the strongest film in the world, but you can imagine that it was pretty scary or powerful back when it was made in 1937. I love watching these old films and seeing the sets and costumes and listening to the dialogue. I grew up watching films from the 40s and 50s so this is fun to look back even further.

So that's what's going on right now, lots to do and I like it that way. Hopefully I'll have some big news to pass along in the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out. And for those who do actually read this... thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mayorga doesn't burn their coffee when they roast it... so much better flavor!! Also roasted locally in Rockville... where as the other place you have to go to York PA to see the roasters (that is if they will let you in) .... LOL.. someone who reads your blog knows way too much about coffee!!