Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kicking It Old School

Doing some work on a script with pen and paper! It's an old school approach, but some times the best way to get things done. Right now still trying to make it the best script I can and I do believe it may be the best script I've written, but I will always work to make it even better.

Usually what happens is, I'll get a script to what I think is about, 85% ready. And what that means is, it's a complete script and I like it and it's ready to shoot, but during the rehearsal process and I do like to rehearse before shooting, I'll tweak things even more. Part of the reason is because I always help my actors work on their characters and brings something to them that's not on the paper. And the other reason is because as you spend more time with the actors, you get a better sense of who they are and their own rhythms. If you can incorporate some of that into their character, I find their performance becomes even stronger.

So spending some time taking pen to paper right now, should help in the long run when this film gets made one day.

No comments: