Tuesday, September 2, 2008

8 Years Ago... Is It Any Good?

I was doing some work on another project today, when I started to think about yet another one I have on the shelf.

It's something I was going to do, low budget Indy style and then air it on local cable access. The goal was to do this really hip, fun, stylish show that we totally controlled and then we would get a cult following and go on and land a production deal.

That was the plan, but life happened and that changed things, so I put the project on the shelf and that was that.

Well today I picked it up and read through it and you know what? It's actually not half bad! I know I've changed and hope my writing has grown since then, but for being 8 years old, it still holds up pretty well.

It also brings back memories of the plans I had with the project. We actually had a reading of it once and it was so cool to hear it. As a writer the first time you hear actors read words you've put on the page, it truly is a thrill.

Anyway, I might just start tinkering with it again. Update it, format it better and think about actually doing what we planned... after all isn't it better to be late than to never do it at all?

No comments: