Saturday, September 13, 2008

Taking Some Advice

Earlier this month, I wrote an entry wondering if I should revisit some of the old projects that I had in various forms. I was re-reading one of my old scripts and saw some promise in the work, so I wondered aloud... or at least online whether or not it was a good idea to revist old scripts and ideas.

Then I read a post on our myspace site (http://www.myspace.com/filmstsp), from someone I've never met, Harlean Carpenter and she wrote:

"There's a reason you shelved that project 8 years ago, and a reason you just "happened" to start thinking about it again and take it down from that shelf. All it means is that you needed something to make it work, some experience or influence or I don't know, it could be you needed a pair of socks in a color you had never owned before, there was something needed to make it happen that wasn't in your life 8 years ago and is in your life now.And you're probably wondering who I am that I would just suddenly jump up out of nowhere and say "Do it! Go for it! Now's the time!" And all I can say in response to that is, something about your blog struck a chord with me, and I know how far a few words of encouragement from even the most unlikely source can go."

Harlean Carpenter 9.3.08 From Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/filmstsp

Her words met a lot and so I've begun that process, not only looking back at that particular project, but others as well. I truly is great to look back at your old stuff and see if there are things you can re-work and make happen now.

Currently I'm working on getting my latest script to an agent or production company looking for a great script, (If you know of anyone pass them along) and at the same time I feel like writing some more so I will. I'm not one of those people who believe you HAVE to sit down and write everyday and the some day you have something. I believe in writing when you feel it in your heart and gut and just ride that wave for as long as it takes you, then when it doesn't anymore, don't force yourself to write, because ultimately that stuff you'll end up just trashing and throwing out anyway, because it's not inspired.

Anyway, I hope my little blurb might inspire someone else to pick up something, read it and maybe right on their own... what do you think? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments: