Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Love A Good Story!


*** 1/2 09.09.08 - ShowBusiness: The Road To Broadway... 2005... Director Dori Berinstein

I've stated it many times on this blog, that I love the process of making films. How things get done and how people make their films. I also feel the same way about most art in general and especially theatre. Little known fact, I taught high school drama for 2 years and it was the greatest job of my life!

Dori Berinstein's film, "ShowBusiness: The Road to Broadway," takes an interesting look at the creation of four shows and follows them from pitch to Tony's. It takes place during the 2003-2004 season and watches the rise and fall of some really good and critically bad shows.

What does it for me in this film is seeing what the critics say, they interview several at a round table dinner at the begining, middle and end. Seeing what the audience chooses to go to see and support and then finally what the people who made the show go through.

I caught the film on Showtime and it's worth trying to find!

No comments: