Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Tried... No Seriously... I Tried!

OK, I don't think of myself as a snob in anyway, but I guess when it comes to writing and my "Office Away From Home," Starbucks is clearly my favorite place to write. This morning after battling a cold for a week now, I finally got myself out of the house and decided it was time to write. So I headed downtown and said, let me try writing in "Panera" today.
When I got there, I found a decent table near the window... although it didn't have an outlet to plug my computer in... I hate to use my own juice in a a place that makes millions, I think they should supply electricity and free Wi-Fi, but I digress.
After ordering a breakfast sandwich, juice and a small coffee I sat down, opened up my computer and tried to connect to the Internet. It wasn't finding a network, the coffee was just OK and the sandwich, better than the Starbucks sandwich's, just wasn't Starbucks. So I picked up, and headed down the street to one of my many writing Starbucks and found a decent table with a view, much better coffee and believe it or not... Free Wi-Fi!

Alas I am set, ready to sit down here for a couple of hours and ready to work! So, I'm sorry all of you coffee houses out there... like a woman you love who you have great sex with, it's going to be hard to beat Starbucks... ever!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've recently had that same experience with the Starbucks. How's the writing thing going buddy? I'm new out here to the cali lifestyle. I'm a filmmaker from New Jersey, that came over to see if I can finally get this company off the ground.

Anonymous said...

If you have a woman you love and have great sex with, why do you bother to try others? Stick with Starbucks and enjoy!

rj said...

I agree about the Starbuck's sandwiches, & also the coffee!!!
Sooo...what is the address of your favorite "writing" Starbuck's?