Monday, January 18, 2010

Wow... What a Change!

So at a new mobile office... probably not one that I'll go to too often because it's out the rotation area, but I really dig it. In addition to a ton of space, in the middle of it all are these long family style tables with tons of outlets so everyone can sit down and use there computers. It's kind of a cool way to do work!

Good news, wrapped up the first draft on the new project. It took about a week to hammer it out and I like it... at least right now lol. What will happen next is I'll take about a day or two away from it so I have a fresh set of eyes to look at it and then I'll go through and start editing, tweaking and making it a really strong project. Don't know how many drafts I'll have to go through... I'll knock out as many as I feel it needs until it's ready to go into production. This is a project that I will probably do myself. It's small enough and will allow me to get my hands dirty if you will.

Got a bite this weekend from an agent who wanted to see some writing, so I fired off the spec script for "Hung" that I wrote. It's pretty funny and I think it's a good representation of my writing. It also is a hot show right now, so maybe that will make me more interesting to him. This is the first time, after sending out hundreds of emails, that I've had an agent go past the typical, "Thanks but no thanks," letter, so while I'm not getting my hopes up, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

OK, time to get some more work done... hopefully I'll have some more news for you all later this week!

1 comment:

jill said...

Change is clearly in the wind. Good stuff! I'll be watching to see how it all plays out. I'm cheering for you! :)