Monday, December 21, 2009

Thawing Out... What's the Big Deal?

OK I grew up on the East Coast... Brookline to be exact and snow was never really that big of an issue, just something you dealt with. So when I moved here to Silver Spring, realizing it was a little bit South of Boston... home of Steamers, Lobster, and Great Pizza... I still figured they would know how to deal with inclement weather. But that wasn't the case this weekend!

We had a blizzard hit us late Friday night that pounded us with snow for about 48 hours. The city and area was totally shut down on Saturday and while the snow had stopped by Sunday, things were still moving at a snails pace.

Today, Monday I had to get up early and venture out into the real world and deal with the snow, which to me was no big deal, but I am amazed at how many folks from this area, cannot do the simplest things in the snow like... turn! People see a little of the white stuff on the ground and immediately turn into the worst drivers since... since... well, since Boston drivers!
Well my stuntman driving skills, developed on the crooked streets of Boston through sleet, snow and rain have helped me all over the world and they helped me today. I've landed at one of my favorite mobile offices... I'm getting some work done... and since there are still not a lot of folks out here, it almost feels like I have a city to myself.

So thanks snow for making it a white Christmas this year... and to all of you out there in this area driving... if you can't do the snow thing... stay at home... for all of us... please?

No comments: