Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One I Forgot To Post And One That Is Truly Great!

**** 05.05.09 - The Opposite Of Sex... 1998... Director Don Roos

I loved this film when I saw it back in 1998 in the theater and I love it today! The screenplay is the star in this film, the dialogue just outstanding. Every time I watch it, I laugh at the places I know are funny, but find new places constantly that make me laugh just as hard.

Christina Ricci is great in the title role, Martin Donovon is solid and Lisa Kudrow steals the show and should have landed an Academy Award nomination and in my estimation the award for best supporting actress in a film for her role.

The DVD has a couple of extras, including some deleted scenes. All in all, when you plunk in this DVD and sit down to watch, you'll enjoy it and then some!

**** 04.28.09 - Thomas Crown Affair... 1999... Director John McTiernan


I almost forgot about, I watched this one again! I love this version on the film and it's a case where I think the remake, may be better... or at least definitely equal to the original.

Pierce Brosnon and Renee Russo are amazing in it and the whole idea of using art heists as the plot points is fantastic. I had heard a rumor that Russo, who was in her forties when they shot this film, said she wouldn't do the film unless they didn't use a body double for any of her scenes, she wanted to show everyone how beautiful a forty year old body can look on screen and it worked! She is stunning in it and there are at least three or four scenes in the film that make anyone just melt... male or female!

The locations, script and cinematography of the film make this worth seeing over and over again! It's also a great date film!

No comments: