Monday, May 11, 2009

One Of The Best Ever!

***** 05.10.09 - Singin' In The Rain... 1952... Directors Gene Kelley and Stanley Donen

For me, maybe the second greatest musical ever made. Gene Kelley is not only the star of this flick, but also a co-director and along with Stanley Donen, they've created a classic that will go down as not only one of the best musicals, but films ever made.

Kelly is fantastic, Debbie Reynolds outstanding and she wasn't even a dancer but a gymnast. The two supporting players may have stolen the film, Donald O'Connor... incredible. And Jean Hagen, who did get an Academy Award nomination for her role as "Lina Lamont" is a joy to watch.

My DVD doesn't have any extras, so I need to get the newer version of the DVD which I understand has a documentary and a scene cut out of the movie.

I think, "The Bandwagon," is the best musical ever made, but this is just under it... enjoy!

No comments: